The time for our baby to be blessed was here! Baby Callie still was not sleeping long stretches through the night (But as I sit here and write this he did go 5 hours straight last night at last!) and I had to remember to get up way early for 9 am church, plus had to have car packed to go to Grandmas after, not to mention all the things we need for church anyway.
Callie woke up at 6:30, I nursed him and put him back to bed, and then I told myself I would just close my eyes for a few also. My alarm went off a little later and I turned it off and rested for just a second...which turned into much longer. I dove out of bed around 7:45 and frantically woke up Chuckie to tell him to wake the other kids and get breakfast.
Luckily we did actually make it on time despite the rush. Callen didnt have socks on, but I overall I guess it didnt matter. And we ended up taking pics of him in his outfit at church right after sacrament. He needed to be fed and since the outfit was borrowed I figured it was best to get it off of him as soon as possible. He is not a spitter, but he did poop 3 times while we were at church and it did come out of his diaper a little. Good call on the removal of the white outfit.
When Brody was blessed I guess it was a little warmer weather, and he just wore a white polo and some khakis, and we wrapped him in a white blanket. I remember looking at little boys blessing outfits online and I thought they werent very cute, and they were expensive so we just improvised. This time it was a little more fun and formal as we borrowed an outfit (thanks Camille) and it was so cute and made the whole event feel more special. And I feel bad for my other kids since they dont have theirs, but this time I finally remembered to write down the blessing so we can keep it for the baby book!
Chuckie did a great job, and it was great to have my dad and many of our friends from the ward participate. A great Sunday!
Oh, he's so cute... is that a double chin I see?? I'm so sad my kids were sick and we weren't able to be there, so I'm really glad you posted these pictures.
ReplyDeleteHe is sooo adorable. And holy cow wonder woman... way to get your whole fam to church with such little time! The blessing was wonderful.
ReplyDelete